14.1.11

Sew when can i go swimming?

Currently listening - Bikini Kill The Singles [mediafire.]



Vintage 30s swimsuit pattern [via.]

Beyond denim pants I can't think of something that needs to fit better than a swimsuit. I have found a few I like online, but I'm reluctant to sink $100 into swimwear. What's a girl to do? I'll make this sew easy for you - 


Life's a stitch.

I want to do a high-waisted one piece. 50s styled, no skirt. Add a few buttons and an anchor? Perhaps a sailor-hat when I'm kicking it at the pool? There are some really cute patterns at Heavens to Betsy but most of the ones I like sold out.
1940s style high waist culotte shorts



Alas, no bathing cap pattern included.
[via.]
[via.]
[via.]

[via.]
[via.]


I found a pattern on burdastyle.com that seams (haha, sewing puns!) to be perfect. I'll need to figure out mods to make it a two piece, but its sew-no problem.

Variation on alison pattern from burdastyle.com

I am a very slow sewer so I assume it will be the season for this sort of thing by the time I'm done. Stay tuned for updates.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home