6.2.11

Whats yr take on...?

Questions provided by MMF

-Obama’s work in office thus far

I know we all expected a lot but the prez promised us change. It's officially been two years and I don't know that he's delivered.  It took him two years to repeal DADT. I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't this. One of the biggest disappoints for me was the tax cut for the wealthy officially being extended as America enters a funding crisis. 




That being said, the America Obama inherited was fucked. Like most of us, Obama probably didn't know the extent of the fuckitude that he was inheriting and with most political issues, there are too many sides to ever really deduce the truth. So I think he's trying, but I'm disappointed. And it's not like I'm going to vote for someone else.

Consider the alternative.


-the Bible

Cool Story Brah

-tattoos that incorporate the person's nipples into the picture (girl or guy)
More nipple tats

Tattoos on nipples/that incorporate the nipple are joke tattoos. I don't understand joke tattoos. I don't have any 'tats' serious or otherwise, but if I had an insane number I might throw one with an ironic bent into the mix. They don't all have to be 'arty' or meaningful, but I don't really want laughter to be the reaction when someone views my nips.

-the service at east end
 RAD. I have drinken very cheaply here (and free) many times and have always enjoyed chatting with the bartenders. Some say it's slow, but style has a price.

-gauges (as in the ear accessory)
A bit of an over-reaching attempt to seem alternative. To each his own, just not a trend I dig. 

Never misses a call though.


-Nuvo Newsweekly


As a former intern for this free weekly, I appreciate everything they do to cover the 'alternative' scene in Nap Town. It's not there a lot of the time, and they do try their darndest. I take the most issue with their music coverage. It tends to focus too much on bands with little to no originality (DMB and Jack Johnson wannabes) and their live music calendar is weak. BUT... I still pick one up whenever I see one and appreciate their voice.


-having a large, grandiose gate/entryway to a modest, otherwise normal house


Shoulda spent the money on a pool. If they have a pool, shoulda spent the money on a chocolate fountain.


-Bloomington, in a fashion and style sense
Seemingly stuck in this weird fashion time warp that was the same scene 4 years ago. Most girls wear sweatpants tucked into UGGS, oversized t-shirts, huge sunglasses, and pile their nappy hair into a huge clip. Hey guys 2007 called and it wants you to know that even in 2007 that look was not working. There are a few vintage stores poppin off, but it's a college town so you see far too many rasta-wannabes and north face jackets.


Crucial or Not Crucial:


-Which is the more crucial health food store, New Seasons or Georgetown Market?
 Tough, but I am going to go with G-town because while Portland has New Seasons, Trader Joe's, and Whole Foods by the buttload, Indianapolis only has one real local local health food store. And you can't get fresh wheat grass smoothies at New Seasons.

-Who is the more crucial robot, R2D2 or Helper?
 Helper. All around a bit more emotive and croosh to the Venture fam. Good comparison as both robots speak bleep-bloop.


-Which type of gangster is more crucial: old school Italian Mafioso gangsters or Wu-Tang-esque gangsta rappers?
 Old school mafioso listen to Dean Martin. Modern day gangstas bump 36 Chambers. I've never met a real-life mafioso but if one cooked me some veal parmagiana, I might be willing to change my mind.


-What is a more crucial dessert sweet item: gummy bears or marshmallows?
GIMME GUMMY.
Never heard of any marshmallow themed cartoons.
-Which entrance to Thornburg is more crucial: Airport Rd or 267?
Although most of my fam would disagree, 267 all the way. Airport Road just leads you on a winding 20-mph through a surburban neighborhood.

-What is the most crucial stand you've seen at the Home Show?
There was this 'professional' steamer iron that a fat lady in a tube top was demo-ing. Entrancing.

-What is the most crucial item in 1721's freezer?
Just bought these at Costco today. Savor the vegetarian flavor.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home