10.5.11

Twerkin' Recipes - Rosemary Blue Cheese Cold Cookies

Check the OG recipe
These cookies were so surprising! Normally, I find bleu cheese overpowering, but these were delicate and creamy. I stumbled upon the link to this recipe from Mint. I decided to try it with a few modifications to make it a little healthier, however, in the end this is a cheesecake cookie (I'll get the chocolate sauce Blanche).

REMIX
  • Instead of the all-purpose flour I used a blend of wheat and almond flours. Almond flour can be moist, but I find the flavor pleasing and usually can't tell the difference in baked goods that contain it and those that don't. Arrowroot is a gluten free alternative to cornstarch, and the proportion for this recipe works out as 2/3 cup for every cup of cornstarch. I used a local domestic style bleu cheese that was mild in flavor. Wow, it tasted so creamy and unlike strong roquefort styles I've previously tasted. There's not really a good substitution for granulated sugar so I reduced by about 2 tbsp. I also used walnuts & turbindo sugars to roll the cookies in. Sea salt & unsalted butter is the news on the salt front.



  • Because the almond flour makes the cookies a bit chewier, if you sub I suggest cooking at 350 degrees for the last 5 minutes so the edges can crisp.




  • Labels: , , , ,

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home