10.4.11

Resolution Revolution: 2011 March Update

I didn't do an update post for March, but February was such a short month... I've adjusted some of my resolutions and added a few things I have been working on.

A real ninja would never let themselves be
photographed.
Adobe Ninja - While not a certified black belt I have been slogging through Dreamweaver and Photoshop tutorials and learned more about Flash, which should come in handy for my new job! I have been offered a position as a contract web/graphic designer (Makin' that paper!)
Incorporate self and create website for LLC - New resolution. Since I have been building websites and doing some freelance work, I am in the process of registering as a business and will be launching a website with my available services soon.
No Crappy Food Service in 2011! I am aiming not to have to take a job slaving tables or slinging reservations in order to fill my coffers. Exception would be made for a locally-owned place with a laid-back staff. But I have def had my fill of corporate restaurants. Life's too Short!
Revamp blog and make it work for me - So in March & February I didn't maintain quite the same level of gusto I had in January for posting. Now that I have my blog tied to my Facebook and Twitter, people I know are reading this -  It's something I am doing for fun, but I hate the idea of irrelevant posts that don't lead to developed voice or audience. I am not giving up, but I am narrowing my focus to my day-to-day life, sewing/crafts, travel, music, projects... random stuff will still have a home, but most of it will be regulated to my tumblr.
Take on a variety of sewing projects - Finished my retro bikini, and I've also been refashioning/ repurposing some older items... post coming soon!
Go to a million shows - March was a slow month for music. I attempted a few trips to the Windy City to see some stuff but it plans fell apart twice. (side note- Indianapolis Craigslist Rideshare: Creepy) This month is looking better: I'm seeing the Fresh and Only's Thursday (4/14) and later this month I'm seeing Hunx & His Punx and Shannon & the Clams.
Apply/go back to school - I have some exciting news on this front, update coming soon!
Finish first degree - Registered to matriculate in August. Sliced!
Snookie circa 2031
Develop moisturizing routine - I've been using a tinted moisturizer with SPF 15. As much as I love the look of a tan, I am committed to using sunscreen everyday, especially on my face.
Take photos - I have in my possession a rad 35 mm film camera and some photos which I will share with you very soon I even upgraded to a Flickr pro account in order to force more output.
Watch old movies - Slacking - I haven't been watching too many older movies as of late. I'm amending this resolution and I will be posting some film reviews of a few killer oldies.
Buy more records - I went on a record hunt a few days ago and spent about $20 on some fun titles, but once I got them home they were all warped and, so I had to return them. I have looked for old stuff on eBay, but it just seems like cheating to buy albums at ridiculously inflated prices. I prefer the hunt - even through the hunt usually entails lots of Barbara Streisand and Liberace titles.
€0.42 for wine, just one of the things
I have to look forward to in Spain
Travel - My flight is booked and I am headed for Spain, Morocco, and Portugal from May 18 - June 13. Obviously I'm super excited about my trip, and I'm busy arranging my travels, buying supplies and saving money. It looks like I'm heading out solo, and I think that it will definitely only be more of an adventure for this reason. I will probably be able to send updates whilst I travel. It's Europe, not the third world, and even Uganda has high-speed internet.
Apply for passport - DONE! and before the government shutdown.
DJ/musical enterprises - FunnyBunnyFrequency Vol. 2 is dropping tomorrow and I am in talks about dj-ing at a local spot! Lucky people finally get to hear what this control freak likes (AND ONLY WHAT I LIKE)
Yoga & Exercise - What list of resolutions would be complete without a goal to lose weight/start exercising? Earlier this week, the doctor told me I have elevated blood pressure. I have to assume it's due to the fact that I'm completely sedentary in my new job. Some days I probably walk about 100 feet and rarely leave the house. I'm also cutting down on salt - 24 is way too young to have high blood pressure.
Vintage Buys - Another new resolution, but one I have (90%) stuck to since January 1. I am not buying new clothes, just vintage and handmade items. Look for an upcoming post on my thrift scores from the past few months!
New bike - My transportation choices are about to improve considerably. Stay tuned!
Like crack that comes via piggies.
Vegetarian - I didn't start this with any duration in mind, but it's been about 3 months since I have eaten meat. I started on a bit of a whim, wanting to go vegan for a month or so, but I'm going to keep it going for the rest of the year (at least!) Most of the time I dont even think about eating meat, and the idea of it is losing its appeal. There is one thing I miss though...













So that's all for now. If you read this, thanks, and I appreciate any feedback you might have. Hugs n kisses!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

why is bacon so good? Love the photo with you laying on the ground. SWEET.

May 3, 2011 at 5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home