23.4.11

Thrift Score - Jorts Edition


As part of my 2k11 resolution to create less waste and save money this year the only clothing I've purchased is either thirfted or handmade. While the internet has completely changed the way we thrift, you can't go wrong with an ol' fashioned Goodwill hunt. Even though I didn't find that silky flowered blouse I was craving, there's no better place to score some jeans for cut-offs.

I was not disappointed and I was able to find two solid pairs of mom jeans.
High-waist Levi 501's.
Stone-washed so you don't have to.

Tina Fey eat your heart out.

A close-up of the sweet, sweet, tapered pant leg.
I found two pairs of these 13"-length front zipper Levi's and I have to assume they came from the same donation. They were $6.29 a piece, and are in excellent physical/vintage condition. 

Wash comparison.
Because I was lucky enough to find two pairs, I'm only making one into cutoffs. The other I'm probably going to add studs to and get my Samantha Fox look going.
Denim on denim on cloud background.
Does anyone have a suggestion for cutoff length? Despite the Samantha Fox emulation I'm a (somewhat) conservative dresser and prefer a short thats in between Daisy Duke and Bermuda. 
Something like this.
Any tips on creating a destroyed look ala Jesse & the Rippers is also appreciated. 

If you like vintage fashion but hate the smell of Goodwill, my good friend Katey is about to launch her etsy shop called HelloVintage - 
Check out her Facebook page for some of the goodies
She has a great habit of finding the items that have a personal feel and I have a feeling that my etsy favorites list is about to get even longer.

**BONUS THRIFT SCORE**

my first gif attempt

Found this great London Fog jacket at the same Goodwill. Since I already have a fab trench it's going to my sister - unless she doesn't want it. In which case I might have to let the good people at HelloVintage consign it for me :)




Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home